You will be joining frog, frog is a leading global creative consultancy, part of Capgemini Invent.
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. As a leading global creative consultancy that is part of Capgemini Invent, frog challenges the status quo to craft and build transformative human experiences that win hearts and move markets. Partnering with passionate leaders and visionary entrepreneurs, we apply creativity, strategy, design and data to re-invent businesses, drive growth and orchestrate customer-centric transformation. Together we strive to shape a regenerative future that is both sustainable and inclusive for businesses, people and planet. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
About the Role
Visual Designers are responsible for the design and orchestration of visual elements in a systemic composition. The discipline combines design for interaction (UI/UX, design systems and digital products) and design for communication (brand, print, and visual storytelling). Visual designers balance spirit and rationality; brand and product; functional clarity and emotional impact.
As a Visual Designer II, you will sometimes be the only visual design specialist on a program. You are expected to plan, prioritise, and deliver visual design activities autonomously, in the context of interdisciplinary projects. You will lead client conversations within your domain, providing articulate recommendations and helping guide client choices.
Your fellow frogs will rely on you to:
- Translate brand principles, themes, and moods into strategic frameworks for visual expressions
- Create scalable design language systems for typography, colour, components, and layouts
- Craft user interfaces for digital consumer and enterprise products
- Design brand identities and brand collateral
- Build wayfinding and pictographical systems
- Create multi-media narratives that tell engaging stories of a team, project, or deliverable, with the audience and communication objective in mind
On a typical project you will:
- Evolve brand expression; by building on either existing direction, or creating one from scratch
- Create expressions for mood, tone, look/feel to help clients position their product, brand, or service
- Harmonise utilitarian needs of the user (accessibility, usability, navigation, key features) with more emotional values of design to create unique and distinguished brand equity for the client
- Drive collaboration with marketing, brand, strategy, and editorial teams to align from the design purpose to the execution roadmap
- Collaboratively create digital product concepts that push the bar for quality and excellence in a given field/industry
- Craft a foundation for Design System; typography, iconography, colour, grid, and design components
- Frame a vision for art direction, photography, and illustration to reinforce product/service vision
- Craft brand identities and brand collateral
- Support the team with guidance for visual expression
- Create multi-media artefacts which tell the story of the work in an impactful way
You will be joining a vibrant and diverse team of designers at frog. We care for each other, and we care about the work that we are doing for our clients. We cover various design disciplines including Interaction Design, Product Design, Service Design, Visual Design, Strategic Design and Design Research.
There are also plenty of development opportunities and global frog hangouts where the latest and greatest is shared across the globe. Lastly, we are a pretty social bunch. We like to go out for lunch or get together and catch up over some drinks after work.
- Cold feet? No idea what that is. With us, you get a permanent contract immediately.
- Get the future you want. From day one you receive many opportunities to pioneer and develop yourself, including the possibility to follow various trainings. We offer you endless support.
- A generous holiday allowance and enough time (26 days) to spend it.
- A fully paid pension, so you will remember Capgemini Invent with a fond smile.
- Work flexibly from any location in the Netherlands with our connectivity allowance.
- Your first necessity as a professional: a laptop and a SIM card that you can also use privately.
- Always on the road with your lease car or NS business card. Or choose to have your travel allowance paid.
- And of course, an appropriate salary. We are happy to discuss this with you.
Why this job is a good fit for you?
- 2+ years of professional visual design experience (although you might have had a different job title, like “UI designer” or “art director”)
- Highly developed design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity with frog’s values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples functional and emotional needs
- Business level ability in English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- A university degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or a related design or artistic discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer
- Motion Design and illustration skills are a plus
As part of your application, please include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role, with specific examples of how you work, think, collaborate, and contribute to great design outcomes. Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio.