What will you be doing?
Convergent Designers are responsible for the design of products that integrate both physical and digital components and touchpoints. They use their broad skillset across the physical and digital interaction and visual design domains to work on holistic design solutions, from early-stage idea generation until detailed design of product and system features focussing on the digital components.
As a Senior Convergent Designer, you are expected to represent depth in the craft of convergent design: as an individual contributor, as a mentor and guide for more junior colleagues, and as a contributor to the global community of practice. You will often be the backbone of your projects from beginning to end.
You will plan, prioritise, and deliver convergent design activities, in the context of interdisciplinary projects, with particular focus on medical products and systems.
You will lead client conversations within your domain of interaction and convergent design, providing articulate recommendations and helping guide client choices. You will have opportunities to lead small teams on projects and contribute to business development through proposal-writing and pitches.
Your fellow frogs will rely on you to:
- Bring expertise in the medical domain
- Lead cross-disciplinary analysis of existing solutions and opportunity spaces and drive user understanding among different parties through workshop activities
- Define digital product and convergent design concepts in collaboration with industrial design, mechanical engineering and technology teams
- Enable a successful handover of final outcomes to the client
- Advocate for and pursue cross-disciplinary and convergent opportunity areas for design innovation
On a typical project you will:
- Understand goals, business requirements and constraints, market opportunities and user needs, to help define opportunity areas and experience principles
- Map existing workflows and detailed interactions across physical and digital touchpoints, understanding the ecosystem, the context of use, the actors involved and the tasks to be accomplished, highlighting pain points and identifying opportunities
- Explore and visualize new workflows and interactions across physical and digital touchpoints
- Plan, conduct, and synthesise research, testing and piloting activities with product and system users and SMEs
- Create digital product and convergent concepts together with the multidisciplinary team
- Create narratives that help tell the story of the work in an impactful way
- Design wireframes, screens, and prototypes to illustrate product behaviour along defined used cases
- Document user requirements for following stages of design and development
We want you to have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in convergent design (although you might have had a different job title, like “UX designer”, “IxD” or “product designer”)
- Previous experience in healthcare, with particular focus on embedded UI on medical device
- Highly developed design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams as the convergent interaction design lead
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity with frog’s values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples functional and emotional needs
- Business level ability in English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Product design background
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy
About the frog Center of Excellence:
The frog Center of Excellence in Milan is a newly established unit, that collaborates with frog and Group teams globally, providing high calibre innovation, strategy and design expertise, with specific focus on convergent design.
The team is working with Global 100 brands like GE, Samsung and AXA, across key industries like healthcare, Telco and Media, to drive continuous business reinvention and innovation toward the cutting edge.
- As part of your application, please include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role, with specific examples of how you work, think, collaborate, and contribute to great design outcomes. Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio
- Presence in the Milan studio will be required
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.