Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
As a Service Designer II, you will sometimes be the only service design specialist on a program. You are expected to plan, prioritise, and deliver service design activities autonomously, in the context of interdisciplinary projects. You will lead client conversations within your domain, providing articulate recommendations and helping guide client choices.
Your fellow frogs will rely on you to:
- Drive the design of systemic interventions in complex, multi-partner ecosystems
- Champion visual frameworks – like journey maps, service blueprints, ecosystem maps – that help bring clarity to complex challenges in human behaviours, relationships, workflow and processes, and drive decision making
- Drive contribution and alignment from multiple stakeholders, whether clients, third-party or larger ecosystem player
- Utilise experience prototyping techniques like desktop walkthrough and role playing that help test and validate service components and to convey value propositions
- Advocate service providers as much as service users
Your job in one paragraph
On a typical project you will:
- Map existing service ecosystems and service delivery processes
- Plan, conduct, and synthesise research with existing/potential service users and existing/potential service providers (front and back-end)
- Identify frameworks best suited to project needs and emerging insights along the service delivery, for front and back-office processes (e.g., customer journeys, service blueprints, ecosystem maps) that include metrics to help monitor service performance through time
- Orchestrate and lead co-creation workshops with clients, partners, and customers to drive the analysis of current services and the design of improved/new services
- Frame and consolidate service value propositions for service users and service providers
- Orchestrate service test sessions using prototyping tools and techniques (digital/physical mock-ups of touchpoints, service scripts, pilot protocols etc.) with users and providers to validate service components and define detailed service requirements
- Support client organisations in the implementation of new services, co-organising employee trainings using service playbooks and simulations of detailed service processes
Your home base at Capgemini Invent
You will be joining a vibrant and diverse team of designers at frog. We care for each other and we care about the work that we are doing for our clients. We cover various design disciplines including Interaction Design, Product Design, Service Design, Visual Design, Strategic Design and Design Research.
There are also plenty of development opportunities and global frog hangouts where the latest and greatest is shared across the globe. Lastly, we are a pretty social bunch. We like to go out for lunch or get together and catch up over some drinks after work.
- Cold feet? No idea what that is. With us, you get a permanent contract immediately
- Get the future you want. From day one you receive many opportunities to pioneer and develop yourself, including the possibility to follow various trainings. We offer you endless support.
- A generous holiday allowance and enough time (26 days) to spend it.
- A pension scheme of which the employer premium is fully paid, with the ability to increase your premium yourself, you will remember Capgemini Invent with a fond smile.
- Work flexibly from any location in the Netherlands with our connectivity allowance.
- Your first necessity as a professional: a laptop and a SIM card that you can also use privately.
- Always on the road with your lease car or NS business card. Or choose to have your travel allowance paid.
- And of course, an appropriate salary. We are happy to discuss this with you.
All about our terms of employment
Why this job is a good fit for you?
We want you to have:
- 3+ years of professional service design experience (although you might have a different job title, like “strategic designer” or “business designer”)
- Highly developed design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity with frog’s values, and a passion for creating services that meet peoples functional and emotional needs
- Business-level ability in English and proficiency in Dutch.
It would be a bonus if you had:
- A university degree in Service Design or a related design or business discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer Application Instructions
As part of your application, please include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role, with specific examples of how you work, think, collaborate, and contribute to great design outcomes. Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio
Working at Capgemini Invent
Breakthrough innovations are not new, but the speed at which these changes happen is. Leading companies act like living organisms and continuously adapt to their changing environment. As Capgemini Invent we enable these organizations to innovate and transform by combining strategy, data science, technology and design. We are an employer with a focus on you and towards the future, where sustainability and diversity and inclusion play the leading role.