The Position: Senior Solutions Architect
In this position, you are primarily responsible for concrete system design and overall structure of software to be engineered and realised for delivery. Your work is a balanced mix of broad strategic thinking on technology trends and concepts, deep subject matter expertise in one or more verticals for both proactive R&D and tactical problem solving, and practical leadership experience in various phases of the software development and delivery lifecycle.
The Senior Solutions Architect works throughout engagements both within the engineering team directly and across disciplines including business development, creative/design, program management, engineering and quality assurance at a project leadership level. S/he crafts application-level and/or solution-level software architecture plans and specifications including modeling of system services and interfaces, platform integration strategies and user experience realisation approaches across one or more areas of domain expertise. Furthermore, leads the analysis and deconstruction of use cases and requirements into an inventory of conceptual and logical software components that address both functional and non-functional requirements and goals. S/he provides relevant subject matter expertise and tactical research leading to recommendations and appropriate platforms, tools, patterns and best practices for engineering the software solution.
- Lead application and/or solution architecture definition on software design and engineering engagements
- Lead technical requirements gathering, use-case discovery, and gap analysis efforts on relevant platforms and frameworks to drive strategic architecture and user experience recommendations
- Participate in proposal generation, project planning, feature scoping, level of effort estimation, and delivery methodology tasks in both the business development and initial client engagement phases
- Develop and maintain technical requirements specifications and software architecture documentation and diagrams throughout the engagement
- Provide proactive thought leadership, domain expertise, and strategic problem solving to the project team throughout the design and development lifecycle
- Serve as a primary technical contact for client and third-party technical leads and domain experts during project discovery, design, and implementation phases while assisting the project leadership team in the management of client expectations regarding technology activities during the engagement
- Assist in the definition and evolution of new service offerings related to technical expertise and capabilities of the local studio
- Evangelise and promote technology innovation opportunities across creative, strategy, and program management disciplines
- Travel on the average of 10-20%
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organisation the following competencies:
- 6+ years of professional application or solution architecture experience for the design, development, and delivery of software applications and services with rich UI/presentation layers across a variety of technology platforms and frameworks in the embedded, mobile, desktop, web, and/or cloud spaces
- Depth of technical skills and expertise in programming methodologies and practices, application platforms and frameworks, service orientation, technology standards and specifications, and technical modelling of systems and services in one or more domains relevant to current and/or future frog services
- Expertise in preparing and delivering proposals and presentations to all levels of a client organisation (including executives)
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative analysis and building substantiated recommendations of appropriate technology solutions that address user experience, technical, operational, and business considerations in parallel
- Demonstrated ability to lead software systems design, provide appropriate team support and maintenance of artefacts throughout the software engineering lifecycle, and collaborate with software engineers, design technologists and creative leaders on common user experience goals expressed through software realisation
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a science, engineering, or creative discipline is required (a Master's Degree is preferred)
- Capable of creating high level estimates based on limited requirements/hero flows
**Please submit resume in English***
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.