Why join frog, a part of Capgemini Invent?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
Experience Design Copywriters are responsible for the UI copy of digitally enabled products and services. Through language, you bring to life compelling experiences that reflect a brand’s tone of voice and drive usability from the largest headline to the smallest error state. No stone is left unturned. In partnership with the product design team, experience design copywriters understand hierarchy of content and at times might support teams with information architecture and taxonomy.
Your fellow team members will rely on you to:
- · Lead content creation throughout the entire user experience writing process, from initial research to final copy
- · Apply strategic thinking to craft clear, concise, and compelling copy that guides users through intuitive flows and interactions
- · Lead collaborative efforts to analyze current content gaps and opportunities, encouraging discussions that enhance team understanding, drive clarity and resolve confusion
- · Partner in writing clear content guidelines and ensure they meet accessibility and inclusivity standards
- · Implement and refine the voice and tone of content across various user experiences, ensuring consistency, brand alignment, and inclusivity
- · Promote a culture of shared ideas and constructive feedback, confidently presenting and sharing copy drafts and iterations
- · Facilitate the seamless handoff of content deliverables to teams, complete with supportive documentation and training materials when necessary
- · Champion the importance of UX writing in creating meaningful user interactions and advocate for its role in design innovation
In this role, you will:
- · Develop and maintain the brand narrative inclusive of value propositions and tone of voice across all digital touchpoints, ensuring consistency and alignment with overall brand strategy
- · Contribute to the content strategy during the product development process, identifying opportunities to improve user experience through text
- · Craft clear, concise, and compelling copy that enhances the user experience; including writing for headlines, feature descriptions, buttons, menus, error messages, and instructional text within a product
- · Work closely with UX/UI designers, product managers, and developers to ensure UX content complements visual design and functionality
- · Participate in user research to understand the needs of the target audience, apply insights to write effective copy, and sometimes assist in usability testing
- · Edit and refine copy based on feedback from stakeholders and user testing results
- · Ensure all copy is free of errors and meets quality standards
- · Apply principles of SEO to enhance copy effectiveness and improve search rankings where relevant
We want you to have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in copywriting (although you might have had a different job title, like “Content Strategist”), and a robust practical and theoretical grounding in experience design and UI writing through your studies
- · Ability to work onsite at company headquarters in Chicago three days per week
- · Strong understanding of UX principles and how copy contributes to the user experience.
- · Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- · Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, presenting work, and giving and receiving feedback
- · Ability to independently plan and lead content strategy and copywriting for large-scale projects including future-proof thinking
- · Demonstrated interest in advocating for the user and ability to make a business case for content
- · Familiarity with SEO best practices
- · Proficiency in content management systems and basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- · Experience in the avoidance of directional and ableist language
- · Experience articulating and incorporating accessibility standards and guidelines into design documents and specifications
- · Affinity for frog’s values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples’ functional and emotional needs
- · Experience working in an agile product delivery environment
- · Penchant to nerd-out on design and emerging trends
It would be a bonus if you had:
- · A university degree in Interaction Design, English Literature, Journalism, Human Computer Interaction, or a related design or behavioural science discipline
- · Experience working in a variety of organizations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- · Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer and writer
Life at Capgemini
Capgemini supports all aspects of your well-being throughout the changing stages of your life and career. For eligible employees, we offer:
- Flexible work
- Healthcare including dental, vision, mental health, and well-being programs
- Financial well-being programs such as 401(k) and Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Family building benefits like adoption assistance, surrogacy, and cryopreservation
- Social well-being benefits like subsidized back-up child/elder care and tutoring
- Mentoring, coaching and learning programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Disaster Relief
About frog, apart of Capgemini Invent
frog is a leading global creative consultancy, part of Capgemini Invent
We challenge the status quo to craft and build transformative human experiences that win hearts and move markets.
Partnering with passionate leaders and visionary entrepreneurs, we apply creativity, strategy, design and data to re-invent businesses, drive growth and orchestrate customer centric transformation.
Together we strive to shape a regenerative future that is both sustainable and inclusive for businesses, people and planet.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Capgemini is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to your recruiting contact.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Please be aware that Capgemini may capture your image (video or screenshot) during the interview process and that image may be used for verification, including during the hiring and onboarding process.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.