For more than 50 years, frog has been advancing the human experience through design. We were founded as an industrial design consultancy with a focus on the manufacturing sector. Today, we have a team that delivers the full spectrum of design capabilities and is capable of envisioning and designing any experience that helps people. Today, our Design sub-disciplines include:
- Service Design
- Design Research
- Places (Architectural Design)
- Interaction Design
- Visual Design
- Industrial Design
- Content Design
- Org Design
- Behavior Design
- Venture Design
We have always considered ourselves to be a leader in experience design, and one of the best places for a designer to hone their craft and develop their careers. As proud as we are of what we have accomplished, we also know we have far to go. Good design is more than human centered. It must be inclusive, sustainable and deliver meaningful outcomes for people, society and our planet. Our ongoing impact and success rests on learning how to integrate these principles into all the work that we do.
In order to ensure that both our approach to our work and the resulting outcomes reflect the best of inclusive design we are hiring our first Executive Director of Inclusive Design to help establish a POV on what inclusive design means at frog.
We anticipate that over time:
- Everything we design for our clients reflects the best practices of inclusive design. This includes clients who actively seek inclusive design in our work, and those whom we help see its benefits.
- All frogs understand what inclusive design is, how essential it is to advance the human experience, and how to advocate for it with our clients.
- All frogs will have established processes, tools and the support structure to apply inclusive design to their practice. Over time, we will evolve and optimize as we learn more and the world continues to change
- frog is esteemed by current and future frogs and clients as a leader in Inclusive Design.
In addition to achieving the outcomes above, an Executive Director is also responsible for growing frog’s business and reputation by helping win a disproportionate share of the programs that matter and becoming trusted advisors to C-level clients. This includes:
- Supporting Business Development: You will represent design in business development efforts with our BD Team and fellow discipline leaders - crafting approaches, writing proposals, and presenting to prospective clients
- Providing Account & Strategic Program Leadership: You will have primary accountability for key accounts and strategic programs as an Executive Sponsor. You will build relationships with clients, seek strategic opportunities to strengthen relationships and grow frog’s business.
- Thought Leadership: You will leverage your expertise in Inclusive Design to create content for frog’s demand generation activities and establish yourself as a thought leader within frog and the design community.
- Leadership: You will lead the Inclusive Design discipline and will be responsible for the culture and quality of the discipline through the acquisition, development, and mentorship of a world class and diverse creative team. You will nurture a positive, creative, and inclusive atmosphere that encourages collaboration, boldness, and constructive and respectful feedback
We want you to have:
- Hands-on experience influencing inclusion, diversity, accessibility, and equity work that have led you to develop a clear perspective on best practices within the space
- 10+ years of professional human-centered design experience, including leading and managing design teams and work as an individual contributor (to be clear, we do not expect 10+ years of inclusion, diversity, accessibility, and equity experience; we are realistic about the developing nature of this discipline)
- An outstanding portfolio of design leadership for experience strategies, design systems, products, services, and customer experiences that delight users and achieve business results; we expect you to be able to share concrete deliverables related to this work
- Strong storytelling skills
- Experience bringing together stakeholders across all levels of the business, with differing definitions of success, to collaborate and move together toward a shared outcome
- An outstanding record as a developer, mentor, and sponsor of talent
- Affinity with frog’s values and a passion for creating experiences that meet peoples functional and emotional needs
- Business level ability in English
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.