Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses. We know that takes all types of people. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences creates a stronger frog.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Resource Manager
- Collaborate with studio leadership teams (Austin & Mexico City) and studio resource managers to determine, assign, allocate and track cross-studio staffing demands for current and future projects. This includes both internal and outsourced staffing.
- Forecast future staffing demands. Work closely with General Managers, Business Development and Discipline Leads to address resource needs on large-scale project launches, unique skill set demands, travel demands, etc
- Identify and assign appropriate resources to meet cross-studio project needs. Develop plans for optimal resource usage
- Establish, maintain and nourish a network of freelancers and partnerships with workforce agencies to manage peak demands and augment frog’s current workforce.
- Prepare/monitor global utilization forecast and billability reports
- Thoroughly understand resource skillsets to make recommendations and effectively staff programs
- Partner with global Resource Management team to identify and assign appropriate resources to meet cross-studio project needs, when possible
- Monitor studio utilization and develop plans for optimal resource usage
- Collaborate with General Manager, Business Development and Discipline Leads to understand revenue forecasts and identify future staffing demands
- Provide executives with visibility and insights into global staffing trends
- Identify potential staffing gaps and recommend freelance resources when needed. Partner with Recruitment to prioritize open positions for frog Austin
- Help onboard new staff and freelance hires as it pertains to RM (timesheets, PTO process, etc.)
- Track PTO requests and manage PTO/travel calendar for frog Austin
- Update and maintain all resourcing tools for accurate visibility and staffing.
Success in this role means success in delivering results through team work and a relentless focus on what’s best for frog. Success means continually holding oneself to the highest of professional and ethical standards and demanding the same of co-workers. Success is walking into frog every work day with an unwavering belief that you can and do influence affairs for the better and that in turn you will stand to reap the rewards both financially and professionally that your contribution merits. Specific contributions include the following:
- Responding quickly and efficiently to business demand and staffing programs for success
- Improving studio and global business results by improving the utilization of all of our people
- Making the process of sharing resources across studios easier for everyone involved (the individual resource, studio managers, project leadership, etc.)
Someone who wants to influence your own career development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following experience and competencies:
- 5-7 years related experience
- Bachelor degree or related business experience
- Previous experience in a client service organization, preferably with top tier consulting firm or major design studio
- Previous experience working within a creative or design agency preferred
- Deep understanding of program and project management, work flow and infrastructure
- Strategic planning and analysis experience, including capability to think strategically about how to best utilize resources across the business
- Consistently applies effective process improvement and project management skills
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence and flexibility in approaching a goal with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of design and design process and software delivery. Creative and technical skill set familiarity
- Strong negotiation, innovation, and diplomacy skills
- Strong communication skills (both interpersonal and team facilitation, as well as on a regional and global level). Experienced in tying talent and people impact on the business
- Understands and models the importance of having the right stakeholders involved in obtaining shared vision
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.