What will you be doing?
As a Senior Strategist, you will collaborate with designers, technologists, and program managers to envision and create new products, services, and experiences. You will work across every stage of the product development lifecycle to ensure that the concepts and design decisions are sensitive to both the needs of users and our clients’ businesses. You will be especially involved at the earliest stages of projects where we conduct research to understand user needs and develop ideas for new experiences. You will formulate clear hypotheses or approaches based on ambiguous information, then later validate these hypotheses in collaboration with the design team. You should be eager to involve clients in the design process, highly responsive to feedback, and excited to present the team’s ideas in front of executives.
You will receive warm and robust support from frog strategy leadership, but you will often be the only strategist on your team. So, you should be comfortable working independently and able to make thoughtful decisions with limited information. You should be able to take the next key steps while simultaneously considering the broader context of the engagement, the client’s business, and the world.
We want you to have:
- 3+ years of experience in product management, product marketing, management consulting, corporate strategy, finance, entrepreneurship, venture capital, consumer insights, innovation management or related fields
- Good writing and presenting skills; you will present frog’s work to client executives and explain the thinking behind the work, as well as co-facilitating workshops with clients and manage smaller breakout groups
- Experience approaching ambiguous questions and thinking from first principles
- Financial analysis and business case development skills
- Good math and statistical skills, with experience in Excel modelling
- Storytelling skills, and the ability to prepare compelling presentations in Keynote and PowerPoint
- Experience in identifying and delivering on growth opportunities and bringing products or services to market
- A willingness to travel for research and client meetings
- Business level ability in English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience with research, including but not limited to design research, ethnographic research, interviewing, survey design, and data analysis
- An interest in global trends, from culture to people and business to climate, and how that impacts our world
- Experience with SPSS or other statistical software
- Experience working in a creative environment with designers, and an interest in human centred design (sometimes called design thinking)
- An interest in technology, both extant and emerging
- An MBA with high academic performance or any other advanced degree with high academic performance
- A second language (and every additional language is a plus!)
In your cover letter, please tell us why you are interested in frog. Please also answer ONE of these questions, in 1-2 paragraphs (300 words of less).
- Many health and wellness services/products leverage personal data for better health outcomes. How would you advise a company on how to balance data privacy and security against usability and societal benefits?
- Several companies are working on forms of flying cars / drone taxis. What strategies would you advise a company to employ in order to drive consumer adoption of this new category of transportation?
- In a rapidly changing world, what time horizons make sense for strategic planning? How would you advise a global 2000 company to think about their planning horizon?
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.